William Hill gives existing customers great value with their daily Extra Place Horse Races. They offer extra places on several races from the various meetings around the UK and Ireland.
If you love to back a rank outsider, taking advantage of Extra Places is necessary. That extra place could be the difference between winning and losing, especially if you’re backing a horse at long odds!
Getting Extra Places is most helpful in those cavalry charge massive field races. Finding a winner in an enormous field is never easy, so any help is great for the punter.
How do William Hill’s Extra Places Horse Races work?
William Hill’s Extra Places races increase the chance of your each-way selections coming good. If an each-way bet for a particular race typically pays out for the top three finishers, William Hill will extend that to four.
The Extra Places races are different every day. The races selected vary across meetings and even country, so you can find extra value no matter your Horse Racing preferences.
What are today’s William Extra Places Horse Races?
Finding a list of today’s Extra Place Races is more complex than it should be. There’s usually a banner for the next eligible race in the Horse Racing section of the William Hill app and website.
Go to the Horse Racing section, and you’ll find all of today’s races listed. The selected races will have the Extra Places Icon next to them. The Icon is a small yellow circle with a navy cross inside.
How we rank the William Hill Extra Places offer – Bradley Skinner’s verdict
Generosity of the offer
Extra places give each way racing bets a better chance of a return. William Hill’s version offers standard terms when compared to other bookmakers. They typically offer one extra place to standard each-way terms on the selected races.
Regularity of the offer
William Hill offers a selection of extra place races daily. These vary across countries and meetings. The number of selected races also varies, but it seems less than other betting sites. The races chosen often feature more significant fields, increasing the likelihood that you could benefit from the promotion.
Simplicity of the offer
The concept of extra places and their value should be straightforward for any horse racing bettor. The William Hill offer has standard terms, offering additional places on selected races each day. William Hill does an excellent job of labelling the selected horse on the racing section of their site. The absence of a complete list page is a slight inconvenience, as it would make planning your each-way bets easier.
Outlay to benefit from the offer
Any existing William Hill customer can take advantage of extra place races at no additional cost. The only outlay is the stake placed on the each-way bet. Understanding each-way betting and how it works is critical to making the most of any extra place offer. There’s no opt-in required, any E/W bet placed in a selected race automatically qualifies.
What are William Hill’s other Horse Racing offers?
William Hill knows how popular Horse racing is among sports bettors. They offer the following promos to give racing fans the best value for their money.
William Hill Best Odds Guaranteed
William Hill offers the widely loved Best Odds Guaranteed (BOG) promotion. The offer means you’ll be paid out at a horse’s starting price if it exceeds the odds when the bet was placed.
While it’s now almost industry standard for online bookmakers, it’s still a positive thing for racing punters. William Hill offers BOG across all UK horse racing. That means existing customers can place their bets early, knowing they’ll still benefit from a drift in odds.
Full William Hill Extra Places Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions for William Hills Extra Places is as follows:
-Minimum runners will apply for enhanced place terms
-Enhanced each way terms at 1/5 odds unless otherwise stated
Terms and Conditions
- We expect you to be fair when you take part in promotions. We consider certain types of play to be unfair and to break these terms and conditions. These unfair types of play include the following.
- Using ‘minimal risk wagering patterns’ (that is, a set pattern of bets or stakes that unfairly minimises risks).
- Using more than one account in order to get more than the number of bonuses allowed for each customer.
- Sharing personalised promotions (that is, promotions only available to specific customers we offer them to) with others. This includes taking part in any personalised promotion forwarded to you by someone else when it was not intended for you.
- Taking part in a promotion that is not available in the country you live in.
- Colluding with other customers (that is, plotting with others to gain an unfair advantage).
- Using more than one account per person, per household or per IP address.
- If you take part in any play that we consider to be unfair, we may cancel any bonuses or promotions applied to your account, reclaim any bonus you have received as part of any promotion we have cancelled, and either settle bets at the correct odds, not the bonus or promotion odds; void any free bets or bets funded by a bonus (that is, treat them as if they had never been placed); or remove any winnings relating to any bonus.
- Regardless of anything else set out in these terms and conditions, you can withdraw funds from your main balance at any time, except where we must withhold the funds to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
- You cannot take part in this promotion if we have previously banned you from taking part in promotions, or from betting or playing any games on our website.
- We can withhold or refuse to pay any winnings from a bonus if funds you paid into your main balance (including any amounts you have already used) are cancelled or denied by any payment service (for example, your card provider).
- We can change or cancel this promotion, or change these terms and conditions without giving you notice, if the change or cancellation is needed because of any change in law or regulation; or by giving you notice beforehand, if the change or cancellation is for any other valid reason (for example, if there is a fault in the software or systems we use to provide this promotion, or we identify a mistake in this promotion or these terms and conditions). We can also award an equivalent bonus to the one referred to in this promotion.
- We will not be responsible for any technical, hardware or software failures, or any unavailable or lost network conditions which may result in incorrect information being displayed, or affect your ability to enter or take part in the promotion. If there is any dispute over your eligibility for the promotion, our decision will be final.
- Your use of our website, and your gaming or betting, is governed by our terms and conditions of using our website or telebetting service (the general terms). You must read the general terms and these terms and conditions before you take part in this promotion. If any of these terms and conditions conflict with the general terms, these terms and conditions will apply.
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and interpreted in line with, the laws of England and Wales. Any legal action in connection with these terms and conditions will be dealt with in the courts of England and Wales
- This promotion is offered, managed and made available on our website (williamhill.com) by us, WHG (International) Limited.