What information can be found in this Policy?
- Data we process
- Identification data
- Why we process your data and how
- Identification data
- How we protect your data
- Your rights
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object to the processing of your data and rights related to automated decision making
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to lodge a complaint
- How long we keep your data
- Who else may access your data
- Transfer of your data to third countries
At Better Collective we care about privacy of our users (‘you’
Better Collective A/S,
1253 Copenhagen K (Hovedstaden)
, “Data Subject”
, “Personal Data”
and “Supervisory Authority”
shall have the same meaning as in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation - ‘GDPR’
Data we process
By writing a review on our website you may share information, opinion and experience on different bookmakers, contributing to overall transparency in the online gambling market. You can read our Terms and Conditions for more information on our services.
When you visit our website, we process various categories of your personal data, which you’ll find listed below.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
- You can create an account on Bookmarks.tv by using your existing social networks accounts (Either Google or Facebook). By doing so, Bookmarks.tv will receive your account name and email address.
Electronic identification data
- When you log in to the Bookmarks.tv we process the IP address of the device you use, the information of the device type, the type and version of browser and operating system you use as well as the time of every log in. Social network tokens are automatically added to our system and processed accordingly (a string of randomly chosen numbers assigned to every user by the relevant social network).
- depending on the way you choose to sign up (Google or Facebook) we will process your profile picture that will automatically be added to your profile.
You can opt in to receive our Newsletter and this information will be saved to our database.
Why we process your data and how
We collect and process data about you when you sign up, and use our service. We process your personal data in order to provide our services to you, to improve your experience about our services, to further develop our service, and to secure and maintain regular functioning of Bookmarks.tv. More about purposes for processing your data you may find below.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII) -
Your Personal Identifiable Information that we process (name and email address) serve to distinguish you from other registered users. Your email address is used so that we can communicate with you regarding any changes to your account or our services as well as for the commercial communication if you agree to receive our Newsletter.
Electronic identification data -
The processing of details about the browser and operating system you use is necessary to ensure the regular provision of our services to you. Also, sometimes we will need this data to solve some technical problems if they emerge.
Social network tokens are used solely for authentication purposes.
- we will store your profile photo in order to add more authenticity and relevance to your bookmakers reviews.
We need to store the information about your Newsletter opt-in in order to regularly provide you with desired content.
How we protect your data
We do not collect personal data in an excessive manner. We only process data that we really need and only for agreed purposes mentioned above. We are tending to keep your data up to date and to store them securely. We do not process your data for period longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which data is processed.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure protection of your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, steal, unauthorized disclosure or access, unauthorized use and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
We apply different levels of access control to your data. Restriction of access control is based on business needs and security requirements. We ensure you that only appropriately authorized personnel have access to your data, whose knowledge and skills about data is necessary in order to provide relevant service and content to you.
As a Data Subject you are entitled to exercise the following rights, regarding the processing of your personal data that occurs on Bookmarks.tv:
Right of access
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to delete inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the data processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
In limited circumstances, you will have the right to request that we erase the information we hold about you:
- where the data is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected,
- where you have withdrawn consent and there is no other lawful basis on which we can continue to process it,
- where you objected to processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds to continue,
- where the data has been unlawfully processed or
- where the data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to seek the restriction of processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If the accuracy of the data is contested – processing may be restricted for the period necessary to allow us to verify its accuracy,
- the processing is unlawful and you request restriction instead of erasure,
- we no longer need the data for the purposes it was collected, but you need it in connection with a legal claim,
- if you objected to the processing of personal data that are processed on the grounds of our legitimate interests, while awaiting verification whether our legitimate interests ground for processing your data overrides interest of your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Right to object to the processing of your data and rights related to automated decision making
You have the right to object our processing of your data on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data, including profiling. Upon your objection, we will stop processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override interests of your fundamental freedoms and rights, or if further processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
At any time you have the right to object processing your data, including profiling, for direct marketing purposes. We use Eloqua for automated decision making including profiling, for marketing purposes, and you may opt-out from further data processing for this purpose at the following link
. Upon your opt-out your personal data will not be longer processed for direct marketing purpose. In regard with automated decision making about you, you may have right to request human intervention.
Right to data portability
Under certain circumstances you have right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (i.e. in digital form) and you have the right to request the transmission of those data to another entity without hindrance from us, if such transmission is technically feasible.
Right to withdraw consent
If the ground for processing your personal data is your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time without giving any reason to us, and free of charge (e.g. you can opt-out from receiving our Newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in every email we send you
The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please be aware that after withdrawal of the consent we will not be able to process your data and consequently we will not be able to offer our services to you.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority in EU Member States might be determined either by your place of habitual residence, or the place where the alleged infringement emerged.
As we are established in Denmark you may choose to contact Danish Data Protection Agency.
How to exercise your rights
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the processing of your personal data, or you wish to exercise your rights explained above, please feel free to send an email to [email protected]
How long we keep your data
We keep your data until you delete your account on Bookmarks.tv. When you delete your account we erase your personal data. Please be aware that we will not delete reviews you posted, due to the fact that we hold intellectual property rights over them. However, the remaining reviews will be depersonalized - it will not be possible to link review with your personal data.
Who else may access your data
We may share your data with third parties. The third parties are categorized as follows:
- Members of the Better Collective Group which includes Better Collective A/S and its subsidiaries (the BC Group) - More about members of the BC Group is available here. Please be aware that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data as well as deciding which of your data is going to be processed by other members of the BC Group.
- Entities who help us to regularly provide and further develop our services (such as analytics, maintenance, marketing and development service providers). They are allowed to process your information as reasonably necessary in order to perform delegated tasks. Please be aware that only we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data as well as we decide which of your data is going to be processed to perform delegated tasks.
- Public authorities and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary to do so and where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
Transfer of your data to third countries
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area in order to provide our services on regularly base and/or to further develop our services. We take all measures in relation to the recipients of your personal data, to ensure an adequate level of protection and appropriate safeguards as defined by the applicable data protection law and particularly GDPR are implemented.
Your personal data might be transferred to the recipient based in country the European Commission considers to have an adequate level of data protection. You may find out more about countries with adequate level of protection here.
If your data is transferred to a recipient based in US, then we aim to transfer your data in the way laid down by Privacy Shield mechanism. More about Privacy Shield mechanism is available here.
We will conclude Data Protection Agreements as necessary with recipients of your data that will incorporate Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission and that would oblige the data recipient to provide an adequate level of protection and implement appropriate safeguards as defined by the applicable data protection law, and particularly GDPR, with regard to processing your personal data.