Bookmakers try to provide new and creative ways for customers to play to stand out from their competition. Ladbrokes has done just that with the football betting game Ladbrokes 5-a-Side. It combines elements of popular daily fantasy contests, fantasy football games and build-a-bet style accumulators.
Pick a fixture and make five selections based on stats like cards, shots, and goals. You can choose from various formations and any combination of players from that match to form your 5-a-Side line-up. Like a build-a-bet, you stake however much you want and your odds will be based on how likely your selections are to happen.
You’re also up against other people who also picked a line-up to win prizes, like Ladbrokes free bets. Teams are ranked by the highest to lowest priced winning bets, then all losing bets by highest percentage complete. It’s a great way to bet on games you usually wouldn’t be interested in, especially as you can keep track of the leaderboard in real-time.
How does Ladbrokes 5-A-Side work?
Finding Ladbrokes 5-a-side is a simple process. There’s a link that takes you to the game at the top of Ladbrokes website or app.
Once you pick the fixture, selecting your 5-a-Side lineup is just as easy. Ladbrokes allows you to choose from several formations and player positions to make the selections you’re most confident in.
The player positions are self-explanatory. There are nine options, all with unique names, but essentially, it’s all about the stats. For example, a ‘Cruncher’ is picked to make over a certain number of tackles or a ‘Finisher’ is a player you think will score over a certain number of goals.
Formations work similarly. There are six combinations to pick from, and all of them have a name. For example, ‘All-out Attack’ consists of ‘1 keeper, 1 hacker, 2 snipers and 1 finisher.’ On the opposite end, ‘Park the Bus’ features ‘1 keeper, 2 hackers, 1 cruncher and 1 chancer.’
The formation you choose is really up to you. If you believe the game will be slow and feature few chances created, then a defensive formation is best. If you think a goal fest is on the cards, then a more attacking formation like ‘Gung-Ho’ is a better pick.
The freedom offered in 5-a-Side is one of the best features of the Ladbrokes game. You can select any player from either team. You can use the same player in multiple positions. You can adjust the value of the stats chosen as you want. The odds for your accumulator will adapt accordingly.
Tips, Tricks and Strategies for Ladbrokes 5-A-Side
Anyone who has played any form of fantasy sports knows the importance of research and strategy in being successful. The same is true for Ladbrokes 5-A-Side.
Studying the stats is the key. Every selection is stats-based, so looking at historical and seasonal trends for your selected players is an intelligent idea. Ladbrokes have key statistics for players available for selection inside the 5-A-Side game. Make sure to use them!
Having a solid picture of how you think a game is going to play out is essential to winning in 5-A-Side. Line-ups are another critical thing. There’s no point picking a player who is an injury doubt or regularly gets subbed off. You can change your picks until kick-off, so checking for confirmed team news about an hour before kick-off is a smart move.
How we rank the Ladbrokes 5-A-Side offer – Bradley Skinner’s verdict
Generosity of the offer
While not a free offer, 5-A-Side allows existing Ladbrokes customers to use their specific football knowledge. Combining elements of fantasy football and regular betting, you compete against others to win prizes in addition to the standard return from your bet. For some fixtures, entries cost as little as £0.50, and the 5-A-Side prizes can dwarf that value. If you enjoy a build-a-bet, the extra prizes make 5-A-side a great offer.
Regularity of the offer
Ladbrokes offers most fixtures in the major leagues in 5-A-Side. That means you can use your personal football knowledge to win prizes. Ladbrokes will also include international fixtures when club football goes on a break. Existing customers can take advantage of the promotion whenever they have a confident opinion about a fixture.
Simplicity of the offer
5-A-Side may seem complicated initially, but Ladbrokes does a fantastic job explaining all game elements. The selected fixtures, the prizes on offer and the minimum bet amount are all clearly labelled in the game. Once you have used it, the user interface and leaderboards become very smooth and easy to interact with.
Outlay to benefit from the offer
Each 5-A-Side entry requires an outlay. However, it’s entirely down to the customer how many entries they complete and the stake of each entry. If you enjoy a build-a-bet style wager, 5-A-Side is an offer you should take advantage of. You could win extra prizes every time you place that kind of bet.
What are Ladbrokes other offers for Existing Customers?
Ladbrokes 1-2-Free is a free-to-play game that gives football fans the chance to win cash! If you can predict the correct scores of three Premier League fixtures, you’ll win £100. There are also consolation prizes of free bets if you make one or two accurate predictions.
New for this season, the game tracks all your predictions each weekend. There’s a jackpot of £25000 for the first person who predicts a correct score in fixtures involving all 20 Premier League teams!
Ladbrokes Acca Insurance
Ladbrokes have followed an industry trend and now offer insurance on accumulator bets. 5+ acca insurance will give back up to £10 as a free bet if one team lets you down in your acca. Existing Ladbrokes customers get good value here, especially considering accumulators only need five selections to qualify.
Full Ladbrokes 5-a-Side Terms and Conditions
The full Ladbrokes 5-a-Side terms and conditions are as follows:
These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this 5-A-Side Promotion. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions. These terms can be accessed here.
1. This Promotion is available to qualifying customers each day between 21/07/22 and 31/12/2023 in which there is a 5-A-Side Leaderboard Selected Game (as defined below) (the “Promotional Period”).
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Promotion is available to customers of ladbrokes.com (the “Website”) who:
a. have a verified Website account;
b. are over 18 years of age; and
c. are eligible to receive Website promotions,
(an “Eligible Player”).
3. An Eligible Player cannot enter this Promotion if they are accessing the Website from a restricted country. A list of countries from which an Eligible Player may access their Website account can be found HERE.
HOW IT WORKS
4. On the “5-A-Side” tab on the Website we will run leaderboards (each one a “Leaderboard”) for the Selected Games (as defined below) taking place during the Promotional Period.
5. Leaderboards will be available for top five European leagues (Premier League, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A), selected European and domestic cup matches and selected international matches only (the “Selected Games”).
6. To take part in one of the Leaderboards, an Eligible Player must place a 5-A-Side bet of a minimum stake of £/€0.50 on the relevant Selected Game (a ‘Bet’). To place a Bet, an Eligible Player will need to access the “5-A-Side” tab on the Website, and from the options available for that Selected Game:
(i) select a formation of players;
(ii) choose 5 individual players within that formation; and
(iii) choose a statistic for each of the 5 players. The odds for each statistic will be displayed on the “5-A-Side” tab.
7. The Bet must be placed between the time that the relevant Leaderboard is launched on the Website and the kick-off of its respective Selected Game.
8. Each Bet will give Eligible Players 1 entry on to the relevant Leaderboard. There is no maximum limit to the number of entries that Eligible Players can accrue. Eligible Players can view their Bets in the “My leaderboards” section on the 5-A-Side tab.
9. The amount and value of prizes available for each Leaderboard will be different and will include a selection of cash prizes and/or free bets. The prize pay table can be found within each Leaderboard on the Website and will be amended depending on how many Selected Games play within a week.
10. There will be three classifications (“Classes”) of Leaderboards, dependent on the scale of the Selected Game. These Classes determine the relative types and amounts of the prizes to be won. The conditions that determine the Classes of any given Leaderboard are outlined below:
Class A: UK & IRE televised Premier League games & Champions League matches.
Class B: Non-televised UK & IRE Premier League matches, English domestic cup matches (F.A Cup, EFL Cup etc.) & selected televised Europa League & International games.
Class C: All other matches that have 5-A-Side enabled.
11. The Leaderboard shall be ranked based on, firstly, the percentage amount of the Bet that has won (e.g. a Bet in which 4 lines of the 5 line bet wins (80%), will rank higher than a Bet in which 3 lines of the 5 line bet wins (60%)). If a line of a Bet doesn’t win, but was part successful, this will also count towards the overall percentage win (e.g. if a Bet is placed for a player to score 2 goals, but the player only scores 1 goal, half of that line of Bet will count towards the percentage ranking (10%)).
12. In the event of entrants having the same percentage amount of a Bet win, the entrants will then be ranked based on the greatest combined odds of the winning part of the Bet (e.g. a 80% winning Bet at 16/1 will rank higher than an 80% winning Bet at 12/1).
13. The Leaderboards will be updated in near real time to allow entrants to check their progress.
14. Leaderboards are settled on the data from our supplier, OPTA, at full time. Settlements or resettlements to bets made after this time by our data supplier may result in Leaderboard not being updated. Leaderboards, and associated rewards, will be paid based on the data as we receive it at this time, in order to allow us to credit customers in a timely fashion. No additional or alternative payments will be made following these resettlements.
PRIZES SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
15. Prizes will consist of cash and/or Free Bets.
16. Maximum 1 prize per ranking on each Leaderboard.
17. Prizes received are non-interchangeable.
CASH PRIZES SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
18. The minimum cash prize available is £/€0.50.
19. Cash prizes will be paid into the entrant’s Website account within 24 hours of the completion of the relevant Selected Game.
20. Should there be a tie in position for the cash prizes on the Leaderboard then the prizes of all entrant’s sharing positions will be totalled and divided based on each position. For example, a 3-way tie at 1st place will result in the value of the prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd being added together and each winner taking 1/3 of the total prize pot. The next prize available will be 4th place. The Leaderboard will show all 3 bets tying for 1st position as ‘1st’, and the next position will be ‘4th’ (2nd and 3rd positions will not show).
FREE BETS SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
21. The minimum free bet available is £/€0.50.
22. Where there is a tie for a free bet, each tying entrant will be awarded that respective prize regardless of the number of winners.
23. Free bets will be credited to an entrant’s account within 24 hours of completion of the relevant Selected Game.
24. Free bets will be valid and available to use for 7 days.
25. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
26. The value of the free bet will not be included in any winnings.
27. The free bet will not be returned if the free bet wager becomes void.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
28. Promoter: LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Europort Avenue, Gibraltar).
29. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other Website Sports Promotion.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to change or end any Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons, including where necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful behaviour.
31. If you have made one or more qualifying bets in relation to this Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the prizes available.
32. If the Promoter decides to withdraw this Promotion, this will not impact any qualifying bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
33. We may place restrictions on your account in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, this could include deposit restrictions and restrictions on the bonus offers that you can participate in. We will not be responsible should these restrictions, which may include Safer Gambling measures, affect your ability to complete the requirements of this promotion and/or to release any bonus, benefits or prizes.
34. Customers who have received communications around restriction of bonuses and/or limitation of betting activity prior to placing a qualifying bet may be entered into the leaderboard, however, they will not be eligible to receive the relevant reward.
35. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the Promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.